Periodontal / Gum Disease Treatment
Ask Chesapeake Center for Complete Dentistry if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
Common signs of Gum Disease
- Red, tender, and swollen gums that bleed during brushing or flossing
- Constant bad breath or bad taste in your mouth
- Gum line is receding, or gums are pulling away from teeth and forming pockets
- Changes in your bite or teeth alignment, loose teeth
The main goal of treatment is to control the infection. The number and types of treatment will vary, depending on the extent of the gum disease. Any type of treatment requires that the patient keep up good daily care at home.
How Can I Prevent Gum Disease Before it Starts?
Simple, everyday steps can be taken to avoid gum disease growth, including:
- Brushing and flossing consistently at least twice a day
- Using an antimicrobial mouth rinse daily to help control plaque
- Scheduling regular checkups
If you are experiencing the symptoms of gum disease, please contact Chesapeake Center for Complete Dentistry at 757-465-8900 to schedule an appointment right away.